E-Commerce & Internet
We help many of our clients protect their brands, reputations, and bottom lines as they do business on the Internet. Many of those same clients are companies operating in the E-commerce and Internet sector, offering on-line auctions, and business, payroll, and accounting software "in the cloud."
The rules of doing business on the Internet are still evolving: a Wild West atmosphere prevails. We have the tools and experience to help our clients ensure that they are protected from "outlaws" as well as acting within the laws themselves. For example, we counsel individuals who have been the target of copyright trolls or have been accused of infringement on the web.
Our experience includes:
- Enforcement of trademark rights through the Anti-Cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act
- Software, derivative works, and ownership issues
- Counseling clients in the preparation of web and software development agreements, terms of service, confidentiality policies, employee and third-party use agreements, and privacy policies
- Work-for-hire analysis and agreement drafting
- Illegal downloading actions, including copyright troll subpoenas and lawsuits
- Fair Use counseling and analysis
- Cease and Desist practice
- Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution (UDRP)
- Social media and domain name monitoring and watch services
- Preparation of opinion letters and memos regarding complex intellectual property ownership issues, including issues pertaining to derivative works of software and sound recordings, as well as chain of title disputes regarding trademark ownership and validation of trademark registrations