Evan W. Talley
Evan W. Talley’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation, encompassing all aspects of discovery including taking and defending depositions. His recent work has comprised drafting pleadings and motions, including motions to dismiss and motions for preliminary injunctions. Evan plays an important role, including as the day-to-day client contact, in a case involving a specialty biotechnology company engaged in the cultivation, licensing, marketing, and testing of proprietary ingredients in the North American medicinal marijuana markets.
Evan's litigation experience includes cases in state and federal courts in California, Illinois, Minnesota, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, and Washington. He has participated in briefing two appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Prior to joining Dunlap Codding, Evan practiced in the area of public utility litigation, representing one of Oklahoma’s largest electric providers. Evan also worked at Los Angeles-based boutique intellectual property law firm Wagner, Anderson & Bright.
- Oklahoma State Bar
- Oklahoma State Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., with Distinction
- University of Oklahoma College of Business, B.B.A., with Distinction
- Dean’s Honor Roll, University of Oklahoma College of Law
- Top 10 Speaker in Moot Court Competition, University of Oklahoma College of Law
- Top 8 Pair in Moot Court Competition, University of Oklahoma College of Law
- American Indian Law Review Member
- Top 10 Freshman, University of Oklahoma College of Business
- Oklahoma Regents and Generations Scholar
- Honors College, University of Oklahoma College of Business
- Crimson Club
- President’s and Dean’s Honor Roll, University of Oklahoma College of Business