Elizabeth E. Isaac
Elizabeth Isaac’s practice includes patent prosecution, trademarks, copyrights, entertainment law, and Internet law as well as licensing, transactional, and litigation matters. Her trademark work encompasses prosecution, issuing and responding to cease and desist letters, and the negotiation of trademark settlement agreements. She performs copyright ownership analyses and registers copyrights on behalf of clients.
Elizabeth’s patent work includes patent drafting and prosecution for clients in a variety of industries such as medical devices, industrial products and systems, food and beverage industry products and systems, consumer products and methods of manufacturing, product packing, and cable analytics. In addition to patent prosecution, she conducts freedom to operate and state of the art searches.
Her licensing practice has extended to drafting licensing agreements, including services and subscription agreements for all forms of intellectual property.
Prior to working at Dunlap Codding, Elizabeth clerked for Justice Bill Meier at the Second Court of Appeals of Texas in Fort Worth, and served as a research assistant for Dean Laurie Jones at the Oklahoma City University School of Law. She served as a Youth Service Corps Coordinator at the Ghost Ranch Conference Center in Abiquiu, New Mexico, and as a Felony Prosecutor Assistant and Public Relations Intern at the District Attorney’s Office in Palestine, Texas.
Elizabeth received her B.A. degree, magna cum laude, from Austin College in Sherman, Texas in Communication with a Media Focus. Prior to graduation, she was a Lilly Endowment Intern at Revolution Health Group in Washington, D.C., and worked as a Nightly News Intern for KXII-TV 12 in Sherman, Texas.
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Austin College, B.A., magna cum laude, Communications
Professional, Community, and Civic
- Named to the okc.BIZ list of Forty Under 40 2016
Oklahoma City University College of Law
- Dean’s Scholar
- CALI Awards: Copyright Law, Corporations, Litigation Sequence I, Advanced Legal Research, Constitutional Law II, Criminal Procedure, Art & Cultural Heritage Law
- Moot Court Society, Appellate Advocacy Judge, 2012 - 2013
- Faculty Honor Roll and Dean’s List
- Law Review, Member 2011-2013
- Holloway Inn of Court, Member 2012-2013
- ABA Appellate Advocacy, Brief Writer 2012
- Phi Delta Phi Honorary Society
- Student Bar Association
- Merit Scholars, Vice President 2013, Secretary 2012
- Intellectual Property Student Association, Secretary 2013
- Cain Foundation Scholarship
- Alpha Chi Honor Society
- Texas Collegiate Association of Press Award
- Dean’s List
- "In Their Own Skin," Oklahoma City University School of Law Magazine, Summer 2013
- "What Every Start-Up Company Should Know About Trademarks, Patents and Copyrights," Primerus Paradigm, Fall 2014, with Emily Campbell.
- Elizabeth was quoted in the Oklahoma Gazette, "IgniteOKC offers 13 presenters 6 minutes each to share rapid-fire, TED-like talks," May 20, 2015, by Ben Felder
- LOYAL Class XII, 2016
- Catalyst, Vice Chair, Membership, 2016 - 2017
- Catalyst, Board Member, 2015 - 2016
- Catalyst, Organization Member, 2013 - 2015
- IgniteOKC, Board Chair, 2015 - 2016
- IgniteOKC, Event Chair, 2014 - 2015
- IgniteOKC, Leadership Crew Member, 2012 - 2014
- Yoga Teacher Training
- Landscape Photography
- French Language Immersion in Quebec
- St. Thomas Orthodox Church, First Grade Sunday School Teacher