Barbara Krebs Yuill, Ph.D.
Barbara Krebs Yuill, Ph.D., practices in the areas of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret law. She counsels clients in all aspects of intellectual property, focusing on patent drafting and prosecution, patent infringement and validity opinions, and license preparation and negotiation. Barb was selected by attorney peers for inclusion in Oklahoma Super Lawyers–Rising Stars Edition 2010, 2011 and 2012. Barb has prepared patent applications in the areas of nanoparticle manufacture, treatment and use; methods and compositions for removing planarization and etching residues during semiconductor device fabrication; chemical processing; metallurgical and ceramic materials and manufacture; oil field chemicals and drilling methods; environmental remediation technologies; and mechanical devices for the medical, veterinary and sporting goods industries. Prior to joining Dunlap Codding in 2007, Barb had her own intellectual property law practice. She was previously an associate at McAfee & Taft in Oklahoma City. Prior to becoming a patent attorney, Barb was employed by Atlantic Richfield (ARCO) as a research engineer where she was co-inventor of U.S. Patent No. 4,579,589 “Process For The Recovery Of Precious Metals From A Roaster Calcine Leach Residue”; U.S. Patent No. 4,752,332 “Treating Manganese Containing Ores With A Metal Sulfide”; U.S. Patent No. 4,740,243 “Metal Value Recovery From Metal Sulfide Containing Ores”; and Canadian Patent No. 1,258,181 “Process For Producing Enriched Mineral Ore Concentrates.” Barb continued her engineering career at Kerr-McGee where she prepared competitor technology assessments including cost and product quality position, and identification of high cost production areas, process alternatives and research and development opportunities in the areas of titanium dioxide pigment, borate compounds, lubricants and specialty greases.
In addition to traditional transactional IP work associated with the filing and prosecution of patent applications, Barb has been extensively involved in legal matters including:
- Pre-Litigation and settlement of trademark infringement claims, foreign and domestic trademark oppositions, and drafting of co-existence agreements.
- Patent non-infringement opinions and “design around” analyses.
- Strategic analysis and recommendations regarding international patent and trademark protection
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
Dr. Yuill has authored numerous publications in the environmental engineering area including “Economic Study of Surfactant-Enhanced Pump-and-Treat Remediation,” Remediation of Soil and Groundwater Industrial Wastes, with J. H. Harwell, D. A. Sabatini, G. E. Quinton and S. H. Shoemaker, Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation 69th Annual Conference and Exposition, Dallas, TX, October 5-9, 1996; “Economic Considerations in Surfactant-Enhanced Pump-and-Treat Remediation,” Surfactant-Enhanced Subsurface Remediation, Emerging Technologies, with J. H. Harwell, D. A. Sabatini and R. C. Knox, ACS Symposium Series 594, 1995; and “Surfactant Enhanced Remediation of Residual Organic Contaminants,” Ph.D. dissertation, University of Oklahoma, 1995.
Copyright Law for Writers, September 2008 and September 2010, Norman Galaxy of Writers. How to Copyright Your Genealogical Data and Publish Your Family History Without Copyright Infringement, April 2008, Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Oklahoma Prairies Chapter.
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section, Special Committee for Nanotechnologies
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section, Past President; previously Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Tau Beta Pi
- Oklahoma City Traditional Music Association, Past Secretary and Director
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Oklahoma Prairies Chapter, Past Parliamentarian and Director