Ann M. Robl
Ann’s practice focuses on patent preparation, patent prosecution, patent post-grant proceedings, patentability analyses, prior art searching, opinion preparation, licensing, and patent portfolio management. Her recent work includes development and implementation of post-grant proceeding strategies. Ann’s areas of technical experience include mechanical devices and systems, optics, data transmission and networking, and computer-based systems.
She graduated with distinction from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in May 2011. Ann was inducted into the national Order of Barristers in 2011 as one of ten graduating students recognized for outstanding performance in oral advocacy and support of oral advocacy programs. In law school, Ann was a member of the Oklahoma Journal of Law and Technology editorial staff and was named Best Note Editor in 2011. Prior to law school, Ann worked in production manufacturing in a variety of industries including hydraulics, heavy-duty truck components, and downhole oil and gas equipment. Ann has experience in multiple areas of manufacturing, including manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, business process improvement and management. Ann also holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Villanova University, where she graduated cum laude in May 1995.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., May 2011
- Villanova University, B.S., cum laude, Mechanical Engineering, May 1995
- Inducted into the Order of Barristers 2011
- Dean’s Honor Roll 2008-2011
- Academic Achievement Award for Legal Research & Writing, 2008
- Top Ten Individual Speaker and Elite 8 Moot Court Team Member, Spring 2009
- Calvert Moot Court Elite 8 Teams and Top Ten Individual Speaker, Fall 2009
- William T. Comfort Scholarship Recipient, 2008-011
- Co-Author, “The New World of Patent Post-Grant Proceedings: Positioning Your Company to Win,” Paradigm magazine, Spring 2015
- Oklahoma State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section and Women in Law Section
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Bridge Creek Town Council Member, 2009-2011